We are seeking a Full Time Exercise Therapy Assistant to work with our dynamic team and state of the art rehabilitative equipment in order to better the lives of our clientele and community.
Our energetic Exercise Therapy team evaluates, develops and executes powerful recovery-based therapy programs for clients with neurological conditions resulting in paralysis. Working in conjunction with a client’s medical team, we develop and implement training programs that are personalized for each client and lead to an overall improvement in their quality of life. This position will work alongside our exercise therapy team members to implement training sessions and report the progress of clients.
* Assists Exercise Therapist in creation of and execution of the therapy programs that have been individualized to each client’s specific physical needs.
* Physically works on Therapy floor with clients, including assisting in lifting and/or moving clients and exercising with clients.
* Note and chart client progress during sessions as assigned by Exercise Therapist (ET).
* Observe and shadow Exercise Therapists to gain a full understanding of the ET position including training program, chart notes and proper lifting skills.
* Assists other Exercise Therapists as necessary and as schedule allows.
* Assist with answering phone calls as assigned and directed or address calls and questions appropriately. This may include answering client questions regarding scheduling and/or billing.
* Attends company sponsored events and participates in fundraising endeavors.
* Other duties as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility
* Establish good working relationship with other team members.
* Maintain required certifications and provide updated information to Lead Therapist.
* Participate in team meetings as required.
* Keep up to date on industry trends and developments and share with team as appropriate.
* Submit an article on an infrequent basis for the website or mixed media formats.
* Maintain a positive and inspirational attitude while working with clients to help them meet their goals.
* Minimum of Two year science degree in a related field: Associate of Applied Science in Fitness/Personal Trainer, exercise science or kinesiology, or PTA or OTA.
* Minimum National personal training certification – ACE; NSCA, ACSM or NASM preferred.
* ACSM-Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) a plus (required within first 60 days of hire date).
* Strong writing skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
* Facilitated Electrical Stimulation (FES) experience a plus.
* General knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
* Excellent physical condition and physical endurance required due to the strenuous demands of physical participation with clients in their individual intensive therapy program.
* Frequent standing, bending, walking and sitting.
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25-40 pounds.
* Moderate frequency lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 60 pounds.
* Moderate frequency lifting up to 100 pounds.
* Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.