Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: The Board of Directors
Founded in 2005, Pushing Boundaries is the Pacific Northwest’s full-service exercise-based therapy center. Pushing Boundaries provides an intensive exercise-based recovery program focused on regaining function in those paralyzed due to illness, injury or other neurological disorders.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementing Pushing Boundaries’ strategic plan, objectives and vision in order to achieve its mission. He/she/they will lead and manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations and office staff. The Executive Director is responsible for outreach into the community in order to build strategic partnerships and to build Pushing Boundaries programs. The Executive Director will maintain a strong working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day business operations and administrative functions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Pushing Boundaries operation are executed with integrity, transparency and comply with all fiscal and regulatory requirements.
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise staff.
- Ensure that all job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and appropriate human resource practices are in place.
- Enhance communications and relationships between staff, board, volunteers, interns, donors, sponsors and strategic partners.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
Programs and Services
Working with the Exercise Therapists
- Ensure excellence in all aspects of client therapy programs.
- Look at and implement program improvements.
- Ensure programs are evaluated for effectiveness and efficiencies in meeting the needs of our therapists and clients.
- Ensure development and implementation of outreach strategies to increase clients.
Outreach, Marketing & Public Relations
- Serve as the “ambassador” for the organization and its’ programs.
- Perform outreach and engagement for the organization, leading to greater awareness for Pushing Boundaries programs.
- Actively promote and represent the organization throughout the community, to develop strategic partnerships throughout the overall community and the medical community, to raise awareness and garner support.
- Develop and expand corporate connections and financial support.
- Develop effective marketing, social media and outreach programs.
- Strengthen and refine all aspects of communications from the organization’s web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand, in order to create new opportunities.
Budget & Finance
- Prepare the organization’s annual budget, with input from the staff and the board, including forecasting.
- Prepare necessary financial dashboards for the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the development, implementation and compliance with sound financial practices throughout the organization.
- Ensure all programs within the organization works within budget guidelines.
Board of Directors
- Assist in developing, maintaining and supporting a strong Board of Directors.
- Work with the Chair of the Board to prepare agendas for Board meetings.
- Work with the Board to identify issues to bring forward to the Board.
- Ensure that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all the important factors influencing it.
- Work with the Board to lead development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, ensuring timely progress toward its implementation.
Working with the Development Manager
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to include special events, major gifts, sponsorships and grants.
- Identify and develop new donors and key sponsors.
- Develop a committee for the organization’s main fundraising event.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current events.
- Ensure fundraising activities and budget goals are in-line with the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Take a “hands on” approach to insure successful outcomes by meeting (often) with key donors, sponsors and strategic partners.
- Develop and/or expand various fundraising avenues, including researching and submitting grant applications.
- Develop a major gifts strategy. Identify individuals/businesses to approach and assist in training those who will be involved in making the “ask”.
- Implement and oversee appropriate and effective donor recognition programs.
- Build long-term relationships with key donor segments.
The Executive Director of Pushing Boundaries will be required to operate in the best interest of the organization. He/she/they should possess empathy, integrity, credibility, initiative, competence, responsiveness, be a skilled communicator and have the vision to help move the organization forward.
The Executive Director should be able to speak about the work of the organization in powerful and inspiring terms and be able to command attention and inspire confidence.
- Must possess excellence in organizational management, with the ability to cultivate strong board member relationships.
- Must have strong marketing, outreach and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders to become involved in the organization.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Be a persuasive and passionate communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be action-oriented, adaptable and have an innovative approach to organizational and program planning.
- Must be positive, mission driven and self-directed
- Must perform all duties of the office and such others as may be negotiated or assigned.
- The Board of Directors will set priorities.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with at least 3 years of management experience, preferably in an Executive Director role with a track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization.
A background in marketing and prior work within the medical community would be helpful.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Send materials to Linda Huse at email@example.com
Open until filled.